July/August 2014 Digital Edition
This is the National Solar Conference issue, featuring:
- Solar Installations and Solar Jobs, 2013, Solar
- Worker productivity in the installer trade rose 253% in the past four years.
- U.S. PV installations rose 34% in 2013.
- Karl Boer: Call to Arms
- Renewable technologies are winning the energy race, but the fossil industries are pushing back. It’s time to educate a new generation.
- Welcome to SOLAR 2014
- Report from the Resource Assessment Division
- Report from the NorCal Chapter
- Report from the new ASES executive director
- Congress considers a “green bank” bill — again
- Troubleshooting small wind systems
- Courts uphold EPA rules
- NIST tests net-zero house
Plus: 60 Years of Science: Roots of Modern Solar Design
All the advances that made passive solar architecture practical were popularized in the 1970s
Table of Contents
By CARLY RIXHAM
The new executive director at ASES introduces herself.
PV Power Map
By ADAM KANKIEWICZ
By KARL WOLFGANG BÖER and NEVILLE WILLIAMS
By ROBERT UKEILEY
By RONA FRIED, Ph.D.
By MICK SAGRILLO
By SETH MASIA
U.S. Photovoltaic Installations
By LARRY SHERWOOD
By JAN KLEISSL, JUSTIN ROBINSON, MANAJIT SENGUPTA and FRANK VIGNOLA
by ELAINE HEBERT
By MARK BELLO