VOTE SOLAR POSITION OPENING: Regional Manager, Interior West
Vote Solar is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing solar energy into the mainstream through state, local and federal advocacy. We are in search of a top-notch candidate to design, campaign for, and implement key policies for growing and protecting solar markets in Interior West states. Geographical focus will be on Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and Utah.
The Regional Manager will be responsible for creating and protecting robust solar markets in assigned states in the Interior West of the U.S. Activities may include:
- Identifying policy needs in target states. Issues may include net metering, interconnection standards, electric tariff design, renewable procurement policies, value of solar proceedings, utility resource planning, tax policy, permitting issues, and financing programs.
- Developing effective campaigns – leveraging both grassroots, grasstops and press — to turn solar’s broad popularity into effective political power.
- Educating policymakers in informal meetings and through testimony.
- Intervening in regulatory and legislative proceedings to drive the changes in policy needed to reduce costs and increase access to solar.
- Preparing toolkits, presentations and case studies to help allies and partners in our communication efforts
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, knowledge of the field, and five years of relevant work experience on energy issues. Organizing, campaigning, and innate leadership skills are critical. Familiarity with energy policy in the Interior West, and relationships with regional energy stakeholders is important. Demonstrated dedication to the promotion of renewable sources of electricity generation is helpful.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Ability to organize and implement grassroots campaigns; to inspire consensus, work collaboratively and lead coalitions; to write well for regulatory and general audiences; to develop Vote Solar’s strategy for regulatory proceedings; excellent public speaking skills; ability to manage consultants; willingness to travel in the region. Strong quantitative, analytical, and research skills are a plus.
The position will be based Vote Solar’s Boulder, Colorado office. Strong candidates in other Interior West states will be considered. Competitive NGO salary, commensurate with experience and training. Excellent benefits.
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org